Casper Man Denies Sexual Abuse of Children
A man accused of sexually abusing two young girls denied the six charges brought against him Thursday morning in Natrona County District Court.
Hugo Mendoza-Cora, 36, pleaded not guilty to three counts each of second- and third-degree sexual abuse of a minor. A trial date has not yet been set.
Mendoza-Cora could face up to 105 years imprisonment if convicted on all counts, which allege that he sexually abused an 11-year-old girl and a 12-year-old girl.
According to charging documents, Casper police detectives were told of the allegations in October after one victim reportedly told a classmate at Evansville Elementary about the alleged abuse. That classmate in turn told her parents, who then told school officials.
The victim reportedly said Mendoza-Cora would enter her bedroom at night and touch her in a sexual manner. She told investigators that she sometimes would wear a zipper pajama outfit in an effort to prevent Mendoza-Cora from touching her, court papers say.
An examination of the victim by a sexual assault nurse reportedly revealed injury to one victim.
Bond in the matter was set at $50,000 cash or surety during Mendoza-Cora's initial appearance in Natrona County Circuit Court last month. He will likely remain in custody regardless of bond, however, because he is in the U.S. illegally.