What Are the Top Ten Fastest Growing Jobs in Wyoming for 2017?
Wyoming had an unfortunate down turn in it's economy during 2016.
Wyomingites are hopeful somewhere along the way back some stimulus will get the energy sector of the economy back on pace and producing jobs and income for its employees (those that remain) and some future hires.
Is there a formula for determining the fast growing jobs in each state?
Every couple of years each state’s Department of Labor works in conjunction with the Bureau of Labor Statistics to compile projections for job growth by occupation. The government last completed this research in 2014 with projections going out until 2024.
Because this is America and the government never makes it easy, we had to gather the data from all the states individually to develop a master database.
We then identified the occupations in Wyoming that are projected to have at least 1,000 workers in 2024 so that the jobs will still be relevant. This left us with data for 61 occupations in Wyoming.
Next, we ranked every occupation based on predicted job growth in 2017, from 1 to 61.
At the end of the day, the data showed that Personal Care Aide is the fastest growing job in Wyoming.
Here are the top ten fastest growing jobs in Wyoming for 2017.
10. Bartending jobs are not going anywhere anytime soon. With a growth rate of 12.99% and over 2,600 hundred jobs available, people are going to always want a cocktail. Average Pay $20,990.
9 .First-Line Supervisors of food prep and service are on the list for 2017. Service jobs will always be in demand as companies look for hardworking individuals to serve their clientele. Growth rate is 13.24% over 2,400 jobs and an average pay of $31,920.
8. Nursing Assistants sometimes called nursing aides, help provide basic care for patients in hospitals and residents of long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes. Orderlies transport patients and clean treatment areas. With a growth rate of 13.36% and over 3,400 jobs the average pay is $28,020.
7. Preschool Teachers,except for Special Education. Preschool teachers educate and care for children younger than age 5 who have not yet entered kindergarten. They teach reading, writing, science, and other subjects in a way that young children can understand. The growth rate is 13.48% 1,010 jobs and the average pay $29,240.
6. Hotel-Motel Resort Desk Clerks Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of the hotel.
Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. The growth rate is 14.36% over 2,300 jobs and the average pay $23,100.
5. Food Prep and serving workers this includes fast food Interact with our guests in a friendly, fast, courteous and efficient manner.
Attention to detail when placing and filling orders to prevent waste and promote positive customer interactions.
Hear and sense customer needs and keep your manager and fellow team members informed. The growth rate 14.83% over 6,500 jobs and the average pay is $19,140.
4. Cooks-Restaurants Cooks prepare, season, and cook a wide range of foods, which may include soups, salads, entrees, and desserts. The growth rate 18.11% over 3,100 jobs and the average pay is $24,860.
3. Medical Secretaries under direct supervision of the Clinical Manager/designee, performs the receptionist/secretarial duties on the patient care unit while functioning as the focal communication source at the nursing station.
Functions as the unit receptionist, greets visitors and patients, responds to physician inquiries and requests, uses appropriate line of communication and authority. The growth rate 19.48% over 1,800 jobs and the average pay is $32,240.
2. Registered Nurses The nurse manager ambulatory/procedural is accountable for the implementation of the vision, mission and values of Mayo Clinic and the Department of Nursing within defined areas of practice.
The nurse manager ambulatory plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the operational, fiscal and personnel activities to ensure the provision of high quality care in ambulatory and/or hospital-based procedural settings.The growth rate 19.59% over 5,700 jobs and the average pay is $62,080.
1. Personal Care Aides May include, but are not limited to, the following:
Supervises deportment and discipline of students on the playground, in the cafeteria, restrooms, and other areas where students may gather
Monitors student behavior in assigned area to ensure compliance with school procedures. The growth rate 23.96% over 2,300 jobs average pay $22,560.
Here are some more of the top fast growing jobs in Wyoming.