The Most Haunted Public Schools in Wyoming
Here's our completely unofficial and totally subjective list of Wyoming's five most haunted schools buildings.
5. Burns High School - Rumor has it, the libarary is haunted by at least one ghost, who is known to shake the bookshelves and throw books on the ground.
4. Torrington Middle School - There have been several sightings of a mysterious woman in white clothing walking down the halls at night. There have also been strange noises reported in the locker room and some students believe that a ghost may inhabit Locker #393.
3. Rawlins High School - Strange sounds are often heard througout the school, especially in the auditorium, where the lights will mysteriously turn on and off and cold spots have been reported. One undocumented legend suggests that a worker once fell from the catwalk above the auditorium onto the stairs below. Some believe his ghost still haunts the building.
2. Rawlins Middle School - This school was, reportedly, built on the site of a sacred Native American burial ground. Over the years, there have been many ghost sightings here, a well dressed man without a head.
1. Natrona County High School - One of the most infamous ghost stories in Wyoming is the girl who has, allegedly, haunted the auditorium since the 1940s.
According to one popular legend, she had forgotten her bag after school one day and tried to crawl through a window to get it, only to fall to her death.
Many witnesses have reported hearing the girl laugh. She has also been seen near the lighting booth and often sits in the front row.
After students graduate from high school in Wyoming, they may still enounter ghostly apparitions. Several buildings at the Univerisity of Wyoming are reportedly haunted, especially Knight Hall.
Northwest College in Powell is also a hot spot for paranormal activity, including several reported ghost sightings in Colter Hall.