A Casper man charged with two felonies admitted Tuesday in Natrona County District Court to abusing two infants while they were in his care.

Eric James Brown, 21, pleaded guilty to two counts of felony child abuse. Each charge carries a potential maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

In exchange for Brown's guilty pleas, Assistant District Attorney Brett Johnson said the state will recommend Brown serve six to 10 years in prison and that Judge Thomas Sullins include a boot camp recommendation in the sentencing order.

Court documents say a Casper police detective was called to an area emergency room on Sept. 8 to investigate after a doctor found signs of abuse on two children.

Both children were born in 2016. The Wyoming Department of Family Services was also called in to investigate.

Doctors reported bruising on both children. One child showed multiple bruises on the face, head, left shoulder, right forearm and right buttocks. The other child had bruising across her back, left elbow and left shoulder, as well as the hip and buttock area, according to the affidavit.

The mother's boyfriend, Brown, agreed to speak with a detective.

Throughout his interview, Brown reportedly said he noticed bruising and redness on the children but told the detective he thought they were from seat belts being too tight.

Brown said he he gets frustrated, according to an affidavit. He reportedly said he never meant to hurt the children, but if he did, he was willing to take responsibility for what happened to them.

On Nov. 7, Brown's employer went to police and said she had some information about Brown.

She reportedly told a detective that she had been outside smoking with Brown when Brown allegedly said "Yeah, I did it. I probably shouldn't have pushed down so hard. I should not have been so rough with him."

The employer asked Brown what he did, and Brown reportedly admitted to hurting one of the children by being too rough, explaining that the child "just kept crying."

Court documents say at that point, the employer backed away from Brown and went into the store because she didn't want to hear any more.

Brown remains in custody on $20,000 cash or surety bond.