No injuries were reported, but a house is now uninhabitable after an early morning fire apparently started by a downed limb on a power line, according to a news release from the Casper Fire-EMS Department.

Six Casper Fire-EMS units and firefighters responded to a single-family residence in the 1700 block of South Birch Street where they found a fire inside the walls.

Firefighters exposed the affected area of the fire, and quickly extinguished it.

Investigators found a broken tree limb had fallen on electrical lines. Arcing from the lines ignited the blaze.

As a result, electrical service was disconnected from the home, making it uninhabitable.

First responders included six units from Casper Fire-EMS, officers from the Casper Police Department, and an ambulance from Wyoming Medical Center.

Casper Fire-EMS reminds the public that any electrical work should be done by a qualified electrician who is licensed and insured.

When buying, selling, or renovating a home, make sure that the electrical system is inspected by a qualified professional.

Finally, never touch a downed power line. Always assume a power line is active, keep a a safe distance, and report it by dialing 911.