Casper Eliminates 47 Positions To Balance Budget
The City of Casper will reduce total full-time staffing by 47 positions during the 2016-2017 fiscal year that goes into effect July 1, according to the city manager's office.
Of the 47, 23 will be cut by attrition and the 24 will be eliminated by the retirement incentive program put into effect earlier this year.
These will reduce costs to the General Fund, which provides basic services such as fire, police, city administration, parks and streets. However, positions paid from the Municipal Golf Course Fund, Wastewater Treatment Plant Fund, Balefill Fund, and the Property & Liability Fund do not provide cost reductions to the General Fund.
These are the General Fund positions that were not included in the 2016-2017 budget, listing the department or fund and then the specific position:
- City Manager -- assistant city manager.
- City Attorney's Office -- paralegal.
- Municipal Court -- municipal court manager, customer service representative, court clerk, and two court bailiffs.
- Finance -- administrative support tech.
- Planning -- urban renewal planner.
- Police -- community services officer, captain, lieutenant, officer.
- Fire -- community risk reduction officer, fire engineer.
- Code Enforcement -- building/code enforcement manager, building inspector II.
- Engineering -- city surveyor.
- Streets -- three equipment operator I positions, four equipment operator II positions, signal tech.
- Parks -- two municipal workers II.
- Casper Events Center Fund -- events center manager, food service coordinator.
- Hogadon Fund -- administrative assistant II.
- Municipal Golf Course Fund -- special facilities manager, golf course assistant superintendent.
- Casper Ice Arena Fund -- custodial maintenance worker II.
- Fleet Maintenance Fund -- three mechanic II positions, mechanic III.
- Buildings and Structures Fund -- two custodial maintenance worker positions, building maintenance II, buildings & structures manager.
- Property & Liability Fund -- injury claims coordinator.
- Water Fund -- assistant public services director, utilities operations manager.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Fund -- wastewater treatment plant lead operator.
- Balefill Fund -- equipment operator II.