Best Places In Casper For A Bachelor Party – Tee Roy’s Top Five
So, I was BSing the other day with a buddy who’s getting married (sucker) and, inevitably, the topic of the bachelor party came up. How many strippers do you hire? Who’s responsible for providing the booze? Should you have an EMT handy? Do you invite the future in-laws? Many questions came up, but the most prevalent was: WHERE DO YOU HOST THE BACHELOR PARTY AT????
Have a bachelor party coming up? Scroll below for the TOP 5 PLACES IN CASPER TO HOST A BACHELOR PARTY (in no particular order). If you know me, you know I can’t do anything without my handy-dandy sidekicks Lunchbox and Nick The Camera Guy…Watch the video at the end for more Bachelor Party Insight.
(More interested in ideas for a Bachelorette Party? Check out this article from our sister station, 107.9 The River)
*Warning-I take no responsibility for your debauchery, and I won’t bail you out of jail if things get out of hand…mainly because I’ll probably be sitting in the cell next to you…
STRIP CLUB-COWBOYS/NORTHERN DREAMS (aka nudie bar, mom’s work, etc.)
With two local clubs to choose from, I figured this would be everybody’s first answer. Surprisingly, that’s not the case. When specifically asked about it, those questioned had some different takes…
1. A Variety Of “Entertainers”- Variety is the key here. Sure, your fetish for one legged strippers who can do some interesting things with a ketchup bottle may actually have a whole website dedicated to it, but that doesn’t mean that anybody in your group actually shares your taste. Even if you grab Jessica Alba’s twin sister, there will be that one guy who complains. The discontents are always the loudest, and they have no problem making sure everybody is just as miserable as they are…
2. Controlled Environment- Let’s face it, most of us make bad decisions when there is no one there to watch over us. Lewd comments, inappropriate behavior, an ill-advised placement of a dollar…Bouncers are necessary for keeping the peace, and a room full of people you don’t know will make you think twice about being unruly.
3. Hall Pass- We all know of (or are) someone who’s wife/girlfriend would castrate them if they ever came within 100 yards of a strip club. Some ladies are threatened by the fact that their man is looking at a beautiful, naked woman. A best friend’s or family member’s bachelor party usually gets them a one-time pass to view the hue of grass on the other side.
1. Too Far Away- Both Cowboys and Northern Dreams are outside of city limits. On a night when most of your crew plans on drinking heavily, it’s hard to justify driving 5-9 miles, dealing with Highway Patrol, Sheriffs, and City Police, and wasting all that gas.
2. Too Expensive- After paying the door charge for everyone in your party and dropping a small fortune on drinks, you’re hoping you have enough bread in your pocket to afford a lap dance or two for the special boy. Add to that the mandatory stage tips (and they are mandatory…these ladies are working for money, not slaps on the rear. Don’t wanna tip? Stay at home and watch dirty movies) a night at the club could cost you your house payment. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
3. Not Everybody Wants Strippers At A Bachelor Party- This surprised the hell out of me. I asked every interviewee the question “Are Strippers Mandatory?”, and only one man said yes. Seriously, one dude. What the heck is this world coming to?
MY TAKE- A great last minute option. Both of these places offer different pros and cons, and I’ll gladly hang at either…depending on what kind of mood I’m in. Before deciding whether or not to head to a strip club, poll the guests first.
Honestly, I never saw this one coming. But, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. A bunch of rowdy guys hanging out in the middle of nowhere, just letting loose and having a heck of a time. Plus, no worries of DUI’s, as everybody can just pass out where they are.
1. Freedom!- No rules, no noise complaints, and you can pee anywhere! The different activities can include hikes, 4-wheeling, shooting guns, etc.
2. The Great Outdoors- There’s nothing quite like hanging with your buds, sipping an adult beverage, and telling lies around a bonfire. If anybody in your group has a musical ability, have them bring their instrument. It may sound corny, but most people really enjoy singing tunes around the campfire…especially when the whiskey provides the singing voice
3. Extended Stay- The beauty of this option is, if you’re so inclined, you can make a weekend of it. Start the party Friday afternoon, and come back down Sunday afternoon. Partiers can come and go as they please, which makes planning around everybody’s individual schedules ten times easier.
1. No Witnesses- The bad thing about being in the middle of a mountain is, if one guy gets out of hand, the whole party has to stop while you take turns kicking his butt. There is always one, and when you mix in alcohol, bad things can happen. Figure out who this guy is before hand, and make the proper preparations.
2. Weather- The one major downfall to planning an outdoor excursion on Casper Mountain is weather. You only have one or two months of nice weather, and even then you can’t count on it being nice enough on the weekend you planned months ahead for. If you have access to a cabin, then you don’t have to sweat is as much…but beware! A small cabin containing 10-20 dudes who smell like sweat and feet can ruin an otherwise great time.
3. Prep Time- Do I have enough food? Is bathroom space going to be an issue? What if someone gets hurt? There are a plethora (thank you Three Amigos) of extra preparations that this option needs addressed…only attempt a Casper Mountain bachelor party if you have time and resources
MY TAKE- This is definitely a great summer option, and one which the groom-to-be will remember for the rest of his life. If you’re planning the party in the fall, you could also make this a group hunting trip!
A boat, some flip flops, and a keg. Sounds like a great time to me! When specifically asked why this is a great option, there were a few different answers. One thing everybody agreed on, though…There’s nothing quite like a beach, some babes, and a few beverages.
1. The Three B’s- Beach, Babes, Beer. Enough said.
2. Water Sports- If you plan on making this a full day event, there will be something for everyone. Someone in your group is bound to have a boat, and if not, invite someone who does. The Marina also rents pontoon boats and jet skis, at a relatively affordable price. Water skiing, cruising through the canyon, fishing by the damn…all different types of activities that you wouldn’t normally find at a bachelor party.
3. Leave Town Without Leaving Town- There’s nothing like getting out of town, without really having to go anywhere. With Alcova 30 miles west of Casper, and Pathfinder 5 more minutes down the road, everyone in your party can agree that a nice little excursion is just what the doctor ordered
1. Public Beach- Sure, we all hope that some random hot chicks will show up in a thong and help get the party started, but odds are, your party will be crashed by a family that refuses to move because, “my taxes paid for this beach!” Unless you have a cabin at Alcova, this could get very tiresome
2. Drunks + Water = Disaster- We’ve all read the stories over the past few years of people drinking too much and boating. With the Sheriffs and Game And Fish constantly on the lookout, you’re better off renting a cabin, or just making it an “all-ages” event
3. Weather (again)- As is the case with Casper Mountain, doing anything outdoors in the Casper area is a crap shoot. We’ve seen it snow in August, and summer usually doesn’t show up until July. If you go this route, make sure you have some sort of back-up plan
MY TAKE-Yet another great off-the-wall summer option, or, if the groom-to-be is an avid outdoors man, a great winter ice fishing excursion!
So, you’re worried that you’ll have to explain the sudden stains on your couch to your wife. Or maybe you’re not comfortable with a bunch of people you don’t know going through your stuff. With the large selection of hotels in Casper (and there are a lot) worrying about cleaning up someone else’s mess is a thing of the past!
1. No Cleanup!- One of the worst things about a bachelor party is the cleanup after wards. Usually, there’s some sort of weird stain shaped like Jerry Garcia leftover by an overzealous partier, and you’re afraid to touch it. Beer bottles/cans, passed out patrons, the sheep that was just supposed to be a joke (someone should have told Uncle Ted that)…the list goes on. Let the cleaning lady deal with it!
2. One Stop Shop!- A restaurant, bar, swimming pool, hot tub, and some lonely business women…everything you could possibly want all in one location! Plus, if people are too worn out (aka drunk) to leave, it’s no problem for them to crash on the floor, or grab their own room. Score!
3. Privacy- You know that dude who always invites himself to whatever’s going on? Not this time! He’ll be scouring the town looking for the party, while your rave is raging in an undisclosed location…unless someone tells him where it’s at. If that happens, and ass kicking is in order, but I digress…
1. Johnny Law- Hotel employees have no problem calling the cops if the party starts to get too wild, or if they have too many complaints. Not only do you have to shell out the cash for the room and deposit that you will end up losing, but you’re probably going to jail, or, at the very least, getting a ticket while getting booted from the premises.
2. Cleaning Deposit- You might as well kiss this goodbye. The main reason you get a hotel room is to trash it, and with every single hotel in town requiring a credit card, you’re SOL. Add to that the dumbass who pees everywhere when he’s been drinking, and the dude who decides smoking in a non-smoking room is alright…well, you’re better off renting a scummy motel room by the hour
3. Uninvited Guests- Personally, this is not really a big issue with me. I have no problem meeting new people and partying with the unknown…it’s what I do for a living. But, most people don’t appreciate random weirdo’s just walking into their room. When you consider that you are surrounded by a few hundred out-of-towners who are looking to have good time, but don’t know where to go…well, things can really ugly, really quick.
MY TAKE- This is my least favorite option. For the price of a hotel room, you could have bought enough beverages for everyone, hired a stripper, and avoided other people. This one’s best saved for a non-rowdy crowd
THIS DUDE’S HOUSE
Ok, so it doesn’t have to be this guy’s house but you get the gist. Holding a Bachelor Party at your own pad has it’s rewards, which we’ll lay down in a second. It also has some MAJOR drawbacks, if you’re not prepared…
1. You’re In Control- As the host of the party, you control all aspects of your environment. You can invite who you want, control alcohol consumption, and pretty much have everything in check.
2. It’s My House, And If You Don’t Like It, Get The F*** Out-When the future brother-in-law starts ranting and raving about how Obama is secretly in cahoots with Donald Trump’s hair, it’s time to boot the man to the curb. This is the only venue where you can decide when it’s time for someone to leave.
3. Dictate The Guest List- The groom gives you an invite list. It has 300 names. You hate 275 of them. On the other options, it may be hard to exclude these people, being that anyone can show up to public places. Holding the party at your house gives you the excuse of not having enough room. And if the people you have issues with still make the final cut, odds are they won’t show.
1. Glitter, Funk, And Trash- This is the one major drawback to hosting a Bachelor Party at your house. Cleanup sucks. Not only do you have to deal with the leftover trash, but cleaning unidentified stains, stripper glitter, and broken items could result in a call to a professional, which, of course, will cost a chunk.
2. Random Dudes Spending The Night- Waking up the next morning to go pee, you turn over and are face to face with the groom. You get out of bed, and trip over some guy passed out in the hallway. You stumble past him to find the bathroom’s already taken by someone who, by the sounds of it, is giving birth and melting the paint off of your walls. Ok if you live alone, not so much if your wife/girlfriend has to deal with it.
3. Unappreciative Neighbors- It’s 1:30 in the morning, you’re the soberest person in the house, and you have to explain to the cops why the weird horse noises are continuously waking your neighbors. On top of the disturbing the peace and noise violation citations you will receive, you have to see your neighbors every day, and eventually things can go horribly wrong.
MY TAKE- Great option if you have a large, clean house, or if you’re looking to keep it clean and just have a quiet get together. If you want a raving monstrosity that they make movies about, you’ll probably wan to skip the homestead and go with one of the other options…
OVERALL- When researching this topic, I made some interesting discoveries:
1. Most men don’t think strippers are necessary (I still can’t get over that!).
2. Alcohol isn’t a requirement, but it helps.
3. One dude had his at a church…with strippers and booze.
These are the best places in Casper to hold a Bachelor Party according to me. Disagree, or want to throw in your own take? Comment below. Have a good story to tell from a past bachelor party? Comment below. Still seeing the stripper from your bachelor party? Well, you might want to keep that to yourself…